Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Memory leak?

Hey guys!

First of all, thanks for an awesome software!

Now to the issue, sometimes (havn't found a way  to reproduce it) there seems to be a memory leak causing TT to eat up all my RAM (32GB) which causes F1 2020 to crash. If i close TT before the RAM is maxxed out and restart it most of the times all is good.. sometimes it tries to fill the RAM again.

Note that these problems started with the latest patch, never happend before 2.12 patch

Ok, thanks for the hint. That's strange and that is a no Go. Some questions about your usage of Tt.

1. Did you use Game-In-Widgets (which ones)?
  2. Was Database active?
  3. Was Measurement active?
  4. Did you use Multiplayer automatic renaming?
  5. How long did you play?
Quote from Team Telemetry on 2020-09-23, 17:23

Ok, thanks for the hint. That's strange and that is a no Go. Some questions about your usage of Tt.

1. Did you use Game-In-Widgets (which ones)?
  2. Was Database active?
  3. Was Measurement active?
  4. Did you use Multiplayer automatic renaming?
  5. How long did you play?
  1. Yes, widgets 2, 3 and 5. Also "Clock on" and "Time remaining always on" are checked.
  2. Yes.
  3. No.
  4. No, i play mostly career mode.
  5. Sometimes hours or even days and sometimes just a few minutes. I usually leave it running when closing the game, might be the problem but it usually works just fine after being "idle" for a few days or so.

Some updates on this issue. Past week ive left the pc idle over night both with F1 running and without, no issues until yesterday. Was in P3 at Spa, paused the game and tabbed out to watch some youtube etc. and about 5min later Tt starts to eat up my RAM again, closed it and reopened, no problems.

Not sure if this is of any help, i'll try and find a way to reproduce it.

Thanks for your feedback. I've optimized Widget2. A lot of memory garbage collection happened there. Maybe sometimes the system is not able to cope with that.

The new version will be released soon.